We all know the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” So we have put together the health benefits of Apple and Apple products so you can understand why these delicious fruits are oh so good for you!
1. Rotten apples used as a poultice is an old Lincolnshire remedy for sore eyes, that is still in use in some villages.
2. A cosmetic dentist at New York University says apples are the perfect teeth cleaning and whitening tool.
3. Australian researchers report Apples may reduce Asthma risk.
4. Apples may melt unwanted pounds away faster. Overweight women who ate just 300 grams of apples lost more weight on a low-calorie diet than women who didn’t add fruit to their diet.
5. Apples may melt unwanted pounds away faster. Overweight women who ate just 300 grams of apples lost more weight on a low-calorie diet than women who didn’t add fruit to their diet.
6. Apple have been known to improve heart health by helping to reduce heart disease risk factors, and lowering cholesterol levels
7. Apples are a rich source of powerful antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoid. One Flavanoid called Phloridzin that is found only in Apples, may prevent post- menopausal women from osteoporosis and may also increase bone density
8. Studies have shown that eating 100 grams of apple can give an antioxidant effect of that equal to taking about 1,500 mg of Vitamin C
9. Apples contain a large amount of minerals and vitamins that strengthen the blood.
10. Apples contain Malic and Tartaric Acid, which help prevent disturbances of the liver and digestion.
11. When Apple Cider Vinegar is used a beverage it can help to prevent the formation of kidney stones
12. The skin of an Apple contains pectin that helps remove toxic substances from the system by supplying galacturonic acid which lowers the body’s need for insulin and may help in the management of Diabetes. Pectin helps prevent protein matter in the intestine from spoiling.
13. A study on mice at Cornell University found that the Quercetin in apples may protect brain cells from the kind of free radial damage that may lead to Alzheimer’s Disease
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Apple slices
- 4 Tbs. sugar
- 4 Tbs. cinnamon
- 4 Tbs. water
- Cooked turkey or leftover turkey chunks
Slice apples and add water, cinnamon and sugar to them in small saucepan. until slightly tender and put aside. Butter cinnamon raisin bread and place fillings like this: slice of cheese, , apple slice to cover turkey and another slice of cheese. Top off with another piece of bread and cook until cheese is melted on both sides.