The weather is getting cooler, so why not warm up with a comforting mug of something hot? How about a delicious drink that you can whip up in a hurry. Snuggle up with this elaborate cinnamon cider that is sure to warm you to the core!
- 4 cups (1 Qt) apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 whole allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches long
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 small red apple, cored, and cut into wedges
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the cider, orange juice, honey, allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, whole nutmeg, and orange rind to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add apple wedges and simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Strain through a tea strainer into a large heat-proof pitcher. Carefully pour in cider. Stir gently.