We thought we would continue on with celebrating Florida Tomato Month and share another tomato based recipe with you this Friday. Eat up & Enjoy your weekend!
4 large tomatoes
2/3 cup tomato juice
¾ cup couscous
½ cup golden raisins
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Handful of flat-leaf parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the tops of the tomatoes and reserve. Working over a bowl, scoop out the seeds and flesh so you are left with only a “shell.” Stir the tomato juice into the tomato flesh mixtures. Set the tomato shells upside down on paper towel to drain.
2. Put the couscous in a separate bowl and pour just enough hot water to cover, about 2/3 cup. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Use a fork to fluff up the grains, then mix in the tomato mixture. Let stand for another 10 minutes.
4. Stir the couscous well, breaking up any large bits of tomato. Stir in the raisins, basil, and parsley. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
5. To serve, spoon the mixture into the tomato shells, and cover with the reserved tops.