http://bigcitycatering.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/BigCitylogo-300x269.png 0 0 BigCity http://bigcitycatering.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/BigCitylogo-300x269.png BigCity2012-02-17 17:30:002017-05-08 20:39:04Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry
We are happy to have come across another delicious-looking, yet heart-healthy recipe to share this Friday. But, if we are being honest the best part about this recipe is that it is E-A-S-Y! Don’t let the long list of ingredients fool you. All you need is a small bowl and frying pan to get this meal cooking.
1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup vertically sliced onion
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds.
3. Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp mixture from the pan.
4. Add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan. Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
5. Add shrimp mixture and broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Eat up and have a great weekend! Click here for more great heart-healthy recipes.