http://bigcitycatering.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/BigCitylogo-300x269.png 0 0 BigCity http://bigcitycatering.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/BigCitylogo-300x269.png BigCity2011-10-17 16:18:002017-05-08 20:58:04Eggplant Parmesan
Don’t forget that it’s Vegetarian Awareness Month! Here is a dish that is easy, fast, and will satisfy the whole family’s appetite at dinner time 🙂
3 Eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Eggs, beaten
4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups Spaghetti Sauce, divided
1 (16 ounce) package Mozzarella Cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Dip eggplant slices in Egg, then in bread crumbs. Place a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
3. In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread Spaghetti Sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of Eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses.
4. Repeat step 3 with remaining ingredients, ending with the Cheeses. Sprinkle Basil on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.