Breakfast is the most important meal of the day… even on Christmas! Looking for something to devour before opening your presents? Try this quick and easy breakfast delight that is sure to keep you wanting seconds!
- 1 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat molasses and butter until almost boiling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in baking soda, milk, and egg
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the molasses mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot, with a side of hot chocolate sauce.